Friday 29 January 2016

Vintage Pledge 2016

What better way to start the year than with a pledge?

This year I've been watching from afar while other crafters made some amazing items from vintage patterns. I must admit to having a weakness for vintage patterns and I want to improve my dressmaking skills, so I think it's about time I joined in!


My Vintage Pledge:

During 2016, I Kirsty pledge to make at least 5 items from vintage patterns in my stash.


So now I need to start thinking about which patterns to make. The first thing that's been on my mind is a 1970's style back wrap skirt with an appliqué pattern on it. 

I brought Style 2003, a pattern from 1977, but I need to make it bigger and change it to a button fastening. I'll be making View 2 the shorter skirt.



Next up is a pattern I got back in 2014 as part of a sew along on Sew Retro Rose


It's McCall's 5411 from 1960. I've loved the design ever since and seen some great examples online, but still haven't got round to making it yet. 


Here's a couple of other pattern that leapt out at me when I was looking through my stash:



Simplicity 2847 is from 1958 and Simplicity 5586 from 1964. You can tell I'm loving kimono sleeves!

Now the challenge has been set, I'd better get started. Hopefully I'll have my first make to show you soon.

Have you signed up yet? For more details go to #VintagePledge 2016 and join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment