Sunday 2 June 2013

Paper Piecing Party and what else I've been up to this week

I've been quite busy this week! Apart from finishing my And Sew On May block, I've also been doing some other paper piecing. I saw a nice butterfly pattern on thesmilingcat and was inspired to make one. Not sure what it will become yet, maybe I'll make some more and turn it into a wall hanging or quilt for my daughter.



 I linking this up to Quiet Plays paper piecing party. Take a look, it's great to see what everyone else has been working on!


I've also been working on something that isn't paper pieced!!!! Shocking I know! One my husbands workmates invited him to their daughters 1st birthday party, so of course I had to make something for her. I decided on an owl and was inspired by lots of different pictures and patterns. The wings are little pockets and I've added a pocket on the back as well with a G for Grace.





I made her a matching owl card. Hopefully she is an owl fan (isn't everyone?!) but I'll have to wait to hear the verdict. My daughter was trying to stop me wrapping it up, so I might have to make one for her as well!


Hope everyone had a great crafty weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Moody Cat-Love the butterfly, of course, and the owl will make a lovely present for a lucky young lady! You do lovely work- Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the owl cushion, great idea to use the wings as pockets. I'm sure the little girl will love it.
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your butterfly looks lovely - would make a cute cushion too!

    Love the owl cushion - I'm sure it'll be much loved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such gorgeous makes!! I bet she loved the owl..I know I would! :)

    ReplyDelete